Advantages of a Columbia/Marion County Location
- A proven pro-business record in a low-cost operating area
- Ready-to-work workforce, drawn from 11 counties, with a proven work ethic since the 1930s
- Strategically located halfway between I-59 and I-55 to the east and west and I-20 and I-10 to the north and south with access to five seaports in a two-hour drive
- 40-minute drive to four universities and community colleges and within one hour of Stennis Space Center and Mississippi Polymer Institute
- Exceptional local cultural assets with close proximity to Metropolitan Statistical Areas
These advantages are just a glimpse into the economic opportunity available in Columbia/Marion County. MCDP is the Economic Development organization for Marion County. We know the area, the potential and the people! Contact us to learn more about what we can offer your business.